Monday, November 19, 2012

Lost & Forgotten

I feel really bad, I have more then one child I have been advocating for & I have been so focused on Celine that sometimes I forget about Cora Lynne or the other kids I have advocated for on this blog. Today, I am going to blog about Cora Lynne.
For you see I started this story advocating for her Two years ago this December. As you recall back in Oct. 2010 I signed up to be a christmas angel tree warrior to Quinton. Quite naturally I assumed he would wait awhile before finding his family. He got snatched up the day Angel Tree Campaign 2010 started Praise God! My 1st choice had been Celine, but thankfully someone else decided to be her warrior then cause God chose Quinton for me. His eyes & sharing my Birthday captured my heart. I did not know what to do, all the kids had christmas warriors but I still wanted to play a part in helping a child. So I tried my might to raise funds for Quinton's family. Then I think about part way into December, a bunch of kids get added on Angel Tree all needing warriors. I skimmed the new ones added unsure how I was going to choose when I saw her.
Cora Lynne was her name on RR. Her eyes had caught mine just like Quinton & pulled at my heart strings. So I signed up to be her warrior. I did not do much for AT that year but so thankful her grant still managed to grow. The following year, 2011 came & I worked to try best to fundraise for her & Celine. Before my eyes knew it was Angel Tree 2011 & so no their was no doubt who I would be a warrior for. Celine could not be included in the Angel Tree since she was over 5 years old. It was Cora Lynne's last year to be on it so I was determined to help. Little by little I did half of my babysitting funds to her, wrapped gifts, & did an online auction for her. What's amazing is I don't even know where most of the funds came from! God Provided! This year, though she could have been given the chance to be voted onto this years angel tree even though she is 6 years old, sadly she was not so no being her warrior again this year :(.
Don't get me wrong I know their are many kids on RR, sometimes we notice some more than others for various reasons but in all the time I have advocated for her I have barely seen others share about Cora Lynne or even mention her. So many times advocates know how much I love Celine but not too many know how much my heart aches seeing Cora Lynne without a family to love her. I know Celine is well loved at where she is at but I always have this bad feeling that Cora Lynne is not in a good place and/or that she is kept in a crib all day. I was so happy to hear she had a new photo this year but yet sad at the same time cause I know she is desperate to be loved. 
Two years have gone by since she got listed, Lost & Forgotten. She will turn 7 years old sometime in May & it will make me sad if she has to wait much longer stuck in a crib somewhere. God has also done miracles for Cora Lynne taking her from zero when I first became her warrior two years ago to over $5,000 today but still a long way to go from being fully funded! Some kids even with large grants can go unnoticed. Cora Lynne's is not large (at least not yet hehe!) by standards but yet she still waits unoticed & unloved. All I ask today if she is not your daughter will you please share her cause you just never know who might fall in love with her!

To her future Mama, I loved her from the moment I saw her precious eyes. If I were older nothing would stand in my way of getting her. Something about her just made my heart burst full of Joy that even with her sad faces in her photos that their is still hope for her. Just like Celine I say a prayer for her every SINGLE NIGHT & blow kisses to her saying how much I love her. Her stocking still hangs til the day you find her with wishes of love.

Dear Cora Lynne, Somedays I like to wonder what you are like. Do you have a caregiver that loves you? What's your personality like? I so long for the day when your hair is all grown & You have a mama to love on you every day for the rest of your life. It pains me to see you waiting still for a family. God has a plan for you & I am so thankful he opened my eyes & heart to you. Love you very much precious girl & I hope your family finds you soon.

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A FAMILY! ARE YOU THAT FAMILY? 
GO HERE TO LEARN ABOUT HOW YOU CAN ADOPT ME OR OTHER KIDS ON REECES RAINBOW!

DID YA KNOW I CAN BE ADOPTED WITH ANOTHER BOY OR GIRL? MY FRIEND & ADVOCATE LOVES ANOTHER LITTLE GIRL, CARMEN WHO COULD BE ADOPTED WITH ME! Their are others too!


No comments: