Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Good friends, Leaps of faith, & a whole lots of Love!

Wow I have lots to write about today & I sure hope the other people don't mind sharing a post. Where do I began of the last few days after I wrote my Encouraged post? Lately I had been feeling discouraged like when I posted this but God knew I needed yet another reminder NOT TO GIVE UP when I saw this surprising post by my Lovely friend Julia Nalle. For those who don't know, Julia adopted her son Aaron through Reeces Rainbow & after following her blog & posts about the Lost Boys in the Institution her son lived in I knew I had found a friend. I Love the way her & her awesome husband write on her blog. Julia I love you my dear & like I have said your post was perfect timing! I hope to meet you someday! Thanks for being one of my inspirations & for being such an encouragement to me! Anyway to continue on with the encouragement thats been bestowed upon me can you go leave some kind words on her blog today? UPDATE THE DEWBURY FAMILY IS FULLY FUNDED!!!

Next another awesome advocate Brady, has been doing races for many orphans on Reeces Rainbow raising money for them! Brady has been so inspiring to advocate & run for these kids. Heres his blogpost I would like to share with you:

Racing for Orphans with Down Syndrome

My family and I have loved being able to work on behalf of the children on Reece's Rainbow since finding this great organization.  It's for this reason that I had a hard time sleeping because of the excitement after hearing about this announcement!

Two months ago, Ironman announced a contest called Kona Inspired.  How it works is they have given the general public an opportunity to submit a 90 second video based around the theme, "Anything is Possible".  Winners receive a spot to race in the Ironman World Championship in October, but most importantly, they will race as a media athlete and have the opportunity to share their story on NBC's nationally televised broadcast of the championship this year!  THIS COULD BE OUR OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE THESE PRECIOUS CHILDREN'S STORY WITH THE WORLD!!!

After reading Ironman's press release we immediately went to work.  This is an opportunity to help these children in a way that I never imagined possible!  The video came together with the help of many wonderful people and we submitted it.  105 videos were submitted.  After over a month long preliminary public voting, we just received word that we are one of the top 15 videos and will compete in the final round of voting June 4 - June 18!!!

Please take a moment to WATCH, VOTE, and SHARE our video as much as possible throughout the day from your home computer, work computer, laptop, phone, etc!  We need to be in the top 2 videos at the end of the day on June 18. 

KONA INSPIRED VIDEO LINK


Thank you for your time and willingness to make the dream of these orphans of finding their forever family a reality!

Note from me -PLEASE GO VOTE TO HELP BRING MORE AWARENESS & FUNDS TO REECES RAINBOW!!!! It takes alot of courage to do what Brady does so I encourage you to help my friend!
Have I mentioned how much I love this wonderful Reeces Rainbow family cause I certainly do! Its so nice to have friends who know how hard it is to get discouraged about fundraising & taking those leaps of faith. I took both the leaps when I did both my Giveaways & several other fundraising attempts. Its with faith I am taking a leap to do a online auction for Celine even though her region is still being so iffy. Team Celines Shooting Stars goal is for Celine to either have a family by Christmas or be fully funded! If you would like to donate a prize for my facebook auction for her please leave a comment with your email address. Comments will not be published. I never could take these leaps of faith if it was not for the help of my amazing support of family & friends! So thank you to all my friends who support me in this crazy world of advocating for Reeces Rainbow! Also any scrapbook friends out their that would like to try my memories digital scrapbooking program? I can't say enough good things about it! I am trying to help Xenia & the Morse family by doing this since I am a young adult who does not have a official job besides occassionally babysitting so Please check out the fundraiser I am doing for them. If you don't need this program or can't get it please share about this fundraiser! I have had no interest in this yet & would love to continue to support families by this way of fundraising!
Thanks for listening to my crazy post today!

No comments: