Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ups & downs week

We have all had those weeks where it's just been up & down, good news, bad news back & forth. The sadest news this week came of news that a precious orphan, Stacy had passed away before her forever family who had just committed to her could come get her. She died ALONE with no one who cared to love her for who she is. 
Thing is she is not the first who has passed away & certainly won't be the last. But Stacy, YOU WERE LOVED, & CHERISHED BY MANY PEOPLE accross the Globe & we look forward to seeing you again someday. Rest in the Arms of Jesus precious girl. 
It's taken me awhile to even want to fully be back to blogging cause I don't know why. Maybe it's the letdown I always get after an exciting time like my Birthday or after the consignment sales or maybe it's just the devil trying to get my spirits down with the stuff going on in R I don't know why but I am READY TO KICK & SCREAM til I'm blue in the face for the orphans in R & the other kids I advocate for. I was in fighting happy/sad mood as Stacy passed away, Colton lost his family, then bright news of 8 kids finding families, a friends adoption journey almost completed. I know some of you may not be Christian but that's okay I feel the need to share this verse cause I felt I needed to hear it today.
So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up. Galatians 6:9 NLT

I'm NOT GIVING UP ARE YOU?
THIS IS WHAT MAKES CONTINUING ON WORTH IT!!!
When you hold the babes you helped play a small part in their story,


When you see pictures on your facebook of a kid you prayed & fundraised for being loved & doing so well with his family. Quinton, "Auntie" still hopes to meet you one of these days!
Tweets of Love come as you know your sister is now hooked on board for these orphans.
When your mom is stepping out of her box of comfort to talk about this passion of mine.
When you think no one is paying attention to what you write or do & someone hands you a donation or they say  I love what your doing. God get's the glory not me!

Or when your heart is hurting for all those in R & your constantly worried & wondering about the girls you dearly love even though you trust & know it's Gods plan not yours. Then one of my pastors tells me a story about the widows mite and saying what I'm doing is like that. Or someone is asking how's the fundraising going? Yes, it is worth it!

Lastly when you think that you might never make any friends & that would not want to support what your doing & then to walk in an Ice Cream place filled with friends who want to help support your dream in helping orphans, YES YOU CAN DO THIS!!!


No comments: