Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy World Down syndrome day!

Every year on March 21st we celebrate World Down syndrome day or known as the 3rd copy of the 21st chromosome! As most of you know I have a sister with that extra chromosome who rocks my world! Though she has her share of struggles not related to her Down syndrome at all we still love her & treat her no differently then us! What I want people to know today in honor of my sister is that Down syndrome is a BLESSING NOT A BURDEN to us siblings or parents of a child with Down syndrome. Is it always easy? Of course not! No child with or without special needs is! 
Sarah you continue to be such a fighter in everything you do! I'm so proud to see the growth in your independence! I wish I had been able to go see Disney on Ice with you again cause I just cherish the times I do get to spend time with you. 
I Love your dancing & how much you love dancing!
I want the whole world to know that YOU ARE MORE ALIKE THAN DIFFERENT!!!
I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THE R WORD IS OFFENSIVE TO PEOPLE LIKE SARAH & OTHERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS!!! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO END THE WORD!!!
WE LOVE YOU OUR SISTER VERY MUCH & HAPPY WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY!!! 
If you wish to learn more about Down syndrome please visit these resources:
National Down Syndrome Society
World Down syndrome day
In my sisters honor I'm challenging my friends to donate $21 for two families adopting two kids with that extra chromosome! Whether its that $5 in spare change you find in the couch cushion or the $21 every little bit helps! Please go donate to these families!
Katrina & Steve
(sorry I can't post their daughters photo)
Meet Ollie,
This precious cutie is coming home to my local area! Read more about his family & donate here.
PLEASE ALSO DON'T MISS THE FACEBOOK AUCTION i HAVE GOING FOR KATRINA & HER FAMILY!
Leah's 21 for 21 auction
Lastly I want to link back to some posts I have done on being a sibling!
Life as a sib:A Life worth living
The rest of the sibling posts are linked here

No comments: