Thursday, June 26, 2014

Through my eyes

Through my eyes I see smiles,
Kisses & lots of Love

I see her for who she is not her special needs nor her Down Syndrome
She is my sister no matter what
I wish the whole world can see through her eyes
What she CAN DO!
Yes, being her sibling presents it's challenges but what sibling does not have challenges?

I really don't know what my life would be like without her! She inspires me to be a better person & to show that having a sibling with special needs is a blessing no matter how tough it gets. We both are not perfect but we love each other no matter what.

Here's what I shared on my Instagram recently:
I just have to wonder what is wrong with this world?
Why can't other countries understand how much people like my sister & others bring joy to this earth?
I wish our world was perfect but it's not. I just pray continuously for it to get better & for the world to become a better place because of those with special needs.
This is what I want to share as people like her are stuck in cribs all day in other countries & spend the rest of their lives in a mental institution. I'm tired of presidents not putting kids lives first just because they don't think they know what love or family is, I'm tired of a president in a country thinking we are aweful Americans & that orphans are better off without families that are american, tired of countries closing to adoption, most of all I wish they all would know the love these kids have to offer the world.
That's how I see my sister & I hope for the world to be able to see what I see. Not her challenges, nor her special needs, or her Down Syndrome but a loving sister who puts up with her somewhat crazy 5 siblings, a sister who understands even if you think she doesn't, One who lights up a room with her smile, who comes up with creative responses that make us laugh. 

No comments: